Monday 10 December 2012

Unmotivated Monday




Wont be such a long post today as I spent the majority of the day at work so anyway, We woke up this morning in not a particular good mood as it was my first day back to work after a nice week off in Holland. So getting back into the working spirit was not so easy especially seeing as I currently work at a Spar store, which would not be such a bad thing if I never had to deal with a single customer.. but enough of that boring work talk bleughh maybe you want to hear about the first day me and Siri met?

We were both a nervous wreck that day as you can imagine, talking over Xbox Live for the past months or so and finally going to meet face to face for the first time. So our meeting point was London St Pancras as that was the station the Euro star entered which Siri was taking to London. I took the train to Paddington 2:30 hours sitting on the train alone which was not so fun, Even worse for Siri as she had some fat woman sitting on her lap through the entire Eurostar journey (not literally.. well almost).

I finally reached Paddington station so my next goal was to take the underground tube to St Pancras  also it being the first time I ever visited London or used the underground tube I was quite worried how it was going to go the first time finding my way around. Too my surprise it all went perfectly and I arrived at St Pancras safe and sound waiting for Siri nervously. And then suddenly I got a call from Siri saying she was at St Pancras station so while still talking on the phone I went to search for her looking around everywhere while Siri said she spotted me already, as you can imagine I felt alot of pressure on myself at this point knowing she was watching me as I was looking around everywhere for her until she finally decided to put me out of my embarrassment and come out of the shadows to greet me. So we hugged awkwardly and I offered to carry her bag and then I could not because it was twice the weight and size of me i am not even joking she did not know how to pack lightly during our early days.

At this point we did not have much time to get comfortable with each other and had to rush back to catch our train back to Cardiff, on the way back we came across numerous obstacles such as taking the underground tube the wrong way, doubling the time it took to get back so we missed our train back and had to take the next train which was 20 minutes later. Half way back to Cardiff the train conductor came around checking peoples tickets. Not being the experienced traveller I did not know if I took the train 20 minutes later that was going to the same destination would I have to pay almost double what I payed for the ticket because my ticket was not valid for this train. Even though the train was pretty much empty I still had to pay over £120 fee needless to say I was pretty annoyed.

We finally made it back to Cardiff got to know each other alot more and had a really nice time.

But for now that's it, we are looking against tomorrow as we have a long morning ahead of us as Siri has the hospital for a Glucose tolerance test so we are going to be there for a numerous amount of hours.

Hope you enjoyed good bye and have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment